Choon Leng is a highly regarded Corporate M&A and Private Wealth lawyer and leads JurisAsia's Corporate Practice.
With over 20 years of experience advising on complex, multi-jurisdiction M&A and corporate transactions in Southeast Asia, Choon Leng is a seasoned advisor to MNCs, Asian conglomerates, private equity funds and family offices. He is dual qualified in Singapore and England & Wales and has been consistently recognized for his expertise in various legal publications including IFLR1000, Euromoney's Asialaw Profiles and Legal Week's Private Client Global Elite.
Choon Leng has authored and edited numerous articles and legal publications in the area of M&A, corporate law and private wealth. He is currently a visiting lecturer at the Paris based Sorbonne-Assas International Law School where he lectures on international M&A.
Some of the recent transactions that Choon Leng has advised on include:
- Infrastructure (ESG) - Advising an Indonesian conglomerate on achieving carbon neutrality across its various manufacturing and operational plants.
- Infrastructure (Renewable Energy) - Advising a biomass focused independent power producer on the rollout of its operations across Southeast Asia.
- M&A (Digital Infrastructure / Tech) - Advised Legrand on its acquisition of Universal Electric Corporation, the leading provider of busways to data centers in the United States.
- M&A (Real Estate) - Advised Singapore listed luxury hotel owner Stamford Land on its £260 million acquisition of 8 Finsbury Circus from Mitsubishi Estate London Limited.
- M&A (Tech / Gaming) - Advised London listed Codemasters Group Holdings plc, the biggest developer and publisher of racing games, on their US$166 million acquisition of racing simulation specialist, Slightly Mad Studios.
- M&A (UHNW Services) - Advised World 50 Inc, a C-suite peer-to-peer network on its acquisition of Procurement Leaders, the integrated B-to-B network for corporate procurement leaders.
- Tech (Blockchain) - Advised numerous foundations and companies on their STOs, IEOs, DAICOs and subsequent rollout of blockchain based services and products.
- Tech (Venture Capital) - Advising numerous venture capital funds, family offices and growth stage companies on their Series A and Series B fund raising and investment transactions.
- UNHW (Private Wealth) - Advising a number of UHNW families, individuals and their family offices on their family governance, succession planning and wealth transfer matters.